The Ministries of the Yankton Benedictines
We are women who seek to serve God, God’s people and one another as Christ would serve.
- We are women who bring comfort and healing to the sick, the dying and the lonely.
- We are women who carry out Christ’s mandate “to go forth and teach all peoples” by serving in elementary, secondary, collegiate and parish settings.
- We are women who walk with others on their spiritual journeys through prayer, re-treats, spiritual direction, campus, parish and pastoral ministry.
- We are women who serve the poor, the marginalized and the voiceless.
- We are women who are committed to care for planet Earth as good stewards.
- We are women who collaborate with and empower others through our sponsorship of Mount Marty College and Avera Health.
- We are women who believe in the importance of beauty in our lives and in the lives of others through music and art.
- We are women who serve one another daily as TOGETHER WE SEEK GOD.
Read about some of our current ministries:
- Elementary & Secondary Education
- Higher Education
- Health Care
- Parish Work
- Retreats/ Spiritual Direction
- Monastery Ministries
- Music and Art
- Monastery Gift Shop
Vocations — Join us!
Find out what it takes to be ONE HEART in loving Jesus, your Sisters, and the world.