Spiritual Direction Ministry Formation Tutorial
The Spiritual Direction Ministry Formation Tutorial is the program for you if you answer YES to the following questions:
- Have you benefited from the experience of having a spiritual director?
- Have people been asking you to accompany them on their spiritual journeys?
- Are you already a companion who listens and supports friends as they grow in relationship to God?
- And are you a busy person who can’t get away for coursework?
Then our tutorial Spiritual Direction training program can help you respond to God’s call.
The Spiritual Direction Ministry Formation Tutorial is flexible, fitting the pace your schedule allows. This training can be part of your sabbatical time with us or it can be done through e-mail with brief residential components. Since it is formative, it will stimulate you to deepen your prayer life as you learn the skills to walk with others. This guided independent learning experience is designed for women and men, clergy and lay of various Christian faith traditions who feel that God may be calling them to companion others on their spiritual journey, or whose current ministry already casts them in the role of spiritual guide.
For over 30 years, S. Jeanne Ranek OSB has been training spiritual directors from the United States and abroad. Through a cohort model, she has prepared over 125 people to minister to God’s people. Working with S. Jeanne on staff are S. Doris Oberemt OSB, S. Penny Bingham OSB and S. Mary Jo Polak OSB. (See Benedictine Peace Center Staff page)
Download our brochure with more information.
Then contact us to explore the possibilities. Inquire about tutorial opportunities in other topics. E-mail us at email@example.com, or call (605) 668-6292.
Formative Content of Spiritual Direction Ministry Tutorial
- Classical and contemporary insights into the nature of spiritual direction ministry.
- Jungian and other psychological insights for spiritual development.
- Wisdom from the Christian mystics and classical writers.
- Skills practice for effective listening, affirmation, nonverbal communication, and congruence.
- Spiritual Discernment.
- Dialogue on selected topics: prayer and contemplation, states of spiritual development, dreams, Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, sexuality, grief, shame and guilt, forgiveness, healing and professional ethics.
- supervised practicum in spiritual direction ministry.
- Four residential retreats.
This program has been such a deepening, meaningful journey. I feel equipped to engage in a spiritual direction practice and confident of the tools and insights I received through this training. An unexpected blessing has been how enriching this training has been to my own personal spiritual growth – I feel a deeper understanding and intimacy with Jesus and have experienced his presence in my life in a new way. The readings, discussions, interactions with peers and training residencies have all been so very enriching. I am very grateful to have had this experience.
Steven Blum, Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Read more comments from our Spiritual Direction Ministry Formation Program graduates.
Many ask the question – “What is Spiritual Direction?” It is the ability to walk with others in their faith with trust.
To journey with another in noticing how God is present in their lives in a very sacred ministry. Is God’s Holy Spirit calling you to travel in faith with another?
Come and Explore His call to you.
Roman Catholic Deacon
Vocations — Join us!
Find out what it takes to be ONE HEART in loving Jesus, your Sisters, and the world.