Spiritual Direction Ministry Tutorials
Our formative Spiritual Direction Ministry Tutorial can help you respond to God’s call if you say “yes” to these questions:
* Have people been asking you to accompany them on their spiritual journeys?
* Are you already a companion who listens and supports friends as they grow in relationship to God?
*And are you a busy person who can’t get away for coursework?
The Spiritual Direction Ministry Tutorial is flexible, fitting the pace your schedule allows. This training can be part of your sabbatical time with us or it can be done online with brief residential components. Since it is formative, it will stimulate you to deepen your prayer life as you learn the skills to walk with others. This guided independent learning experience is designed for women and men, clergy and lay of various Christian faith traditions who feel that God may be calling them to companion others on their spiritual journey, or whose current ministry already casts them in the role of spiritual guide.
For over 25 years, S. Jeanne Ranek OSB has been training spiritual directors from the United States and abroad. Through a cohort model, she has prepared over 115 men and women to minister to God’s people. This Spring, 2018, the final cohort, pictured at right with staff, finished their program. The program will continue now with a more flexible tutorial model. Working with S. Jeanne on staff are S. Doris Oberemt OSB and S. Mary Jo Polak. (See Benedictine Peace Center Staff page)
Download our brochure with more information. Then contact us to explore the possibilities. Inquire about tutorial opportunities in other topics. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (605) 668-6292.
Formative Content of Spiritual Direction Ministry Tutorial
- Classical and contemporary insights into the nature of spiritual direction ministry.
- Jungian and other psychological insights for spiritual development.
- Wisdom from the Christian mystics and classical writers.
- Skills practice for effective listening, affirmation, nonverbal communication, and congruence.
- Spiritual Discernment.
- Dialogue on selected topics: prayer and contemplation, states of spiritual development, dreams, Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, sexuality, grief, shame and guilt, forgiveness, healing and professional ethics.
- supervised practicum in spiritual direction ministry.
- Four residential retreats.
Steven Blum, Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Read more comments from our Spiritual Direction Ministry Formation Program graduates.
To journey with another in noticing how God is present in their lives in a very sacred ministry. Is God’s Holy Spirit calling you to travel in faith with another?
Come and Explore His call to you.
Roman Catholic Deacon
Vocations — Join us!
Find out what it takes to be ONE HEART in loving Jesus, your Sisters, and the world.