Sabbatical at the Benedictine Peace Center
We are currently accepting fully-vaccinated residential retreatants
at the Benedictine Peace Center on a limited basis. We ask that our guests wear a mask and social distance in common spaces within the monastery. In the event of illness or symptoms, you need to inform staff,
be willing to quarantine at the Center, and make arrangements to return home as soon as feasible.
You are welcome to contact us for reservations.
Take your Sabbatical at the Benedictine Peace Center:
If you are seeking extended time for rest and renewal in an unstructured monastic setting, the Peace Center may be the place for your sabbatical. Enjoy a comfortable single room with private bath in a monastic setting. Design your own renewal time by selecting from these opportunities :
- pray and share meals with the monastic community
- enjoy natural outdoor beauty along the bluffs of the Missouri River
- engage in individual spiritual direction and/or a directed retreat
- enroll in courses at Mount Marty College
- arrange individualized instruction in spiritual formation or ministry
- attend cultural events on campus and in the city
- take time to read, write or choose other creative options
Contact us to discuss your needs and options. Reserve space or inquire via e-mail at [email protected], or call (605) 668-6292. Click for Directions to the Benedictine Peace Center at Sacred Heart Monastery.
One of the blessings of a sabbatical at the Benedictine Peace Center is the option of attending cultural and educational events at the Monastery and at Mount Marty College. An example is the concert recently given by The Rose Ensemble in the lovely acoustics of Bishop Marty Memorial Chapel.
Find us on Facebook. “Like” us and read posts about upcoming opportunities and events.
Vocations — Join us!
Find out what it takes to be ONE HEART in loving Jesus, your Sisters, and the world.